View Single Post

Old 02-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Lets turn this question around.

All I can say is with what everybody has said. When I turned 50 I was able for the first time not to feel guilty if I put myself first, felt more freedom to do and say what I wanted (so long as I did not hurt anyone), etc.

Now I am retired from my previous profession and truly enjoy the freedom and flexibility of my new career (started about 16 years ago) as a Travel Agent and the wonderful people I am meeting and helping to make their dreams come true.

I personally feel life is as beautiful and wonderful as you make it, unless there are some serious issues that you have no control over. I was thinking of death of friends, relatives or serious illnesses - including my own.

I was in a horrific car accident in 2001 - the type you either live or die, fortunately I lived. From this accident I learned to appreciate very small things in my life and the world around me.

For those who travel, I was hospitalized in Cuenca, Ecuador for one month. I had excellent care in the hospital. Stayed there until I was well enough to travel and then entered a Trauma Center when I returned to the states for another month.

Another great topic. And to all my sisters in the Feminine Forum who have had surgery and who will be having - just know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

HB