Thread: Ranch? Villa?
View Single Post

Old 02-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Ranch? Villa?

We went through the same decisions this summer and finally bought a 3 Bedroom ranch. We rented a Patio Villa for 3 years and were very happy with them and actually looked a lot at them before we decided to buy. But when it came down to the final decision, I really wanted a 2 car garage because I felt the 1 1/2 car garages were just to small and I need some "man" space for toys and room to get the golf cart in and out easily. Another reason for the ranch was we like the idea of a little bit of land with grass around us and the fact it gave us more of a home feel. Expense wise there are a bit more in a ranch but I don't think they are too much. Insurance is similar but a bit more because the ranches are more then the Patio Villas. Utilities other then water are about the same I would guess. Water for the grass could be a bit more because you will probably have more grass to water but patio villas also have grass and will need water and lawn service. Courtyard villas do offer privacy ( we don't have any animals and privacy wasn't one of our l priorities) but they tend to cost more. . We are snowbirds and very happy with the ranch decision. Remember even if you are snow birds you will be spending a good portion of your remaining life in you TV Home/Villa. Decide whats important to you and I don't think you will be unhappy with what ever path you go down. Good luck!