View Single Post

Old 02-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Funny House Selling Story

We endured almost a year of too few showings of our beautiful family home in north suburban Chicago. But it sold just before we moved to TV. Thankfully!

Our house was situated in a beautiful woodland community and our neighbor across the street had a beautiful pond, which he kept stocked with fish for the neighbors and local kids to catch and release. It was beautiful to view from our front windows.

One day a twenty-something princess arrived to view our house with her realtor. We had left the house for the showing, but our son had stopped by, not knowing we were gone. The young woman came up the front walk wailing and moaning to her realtor that the listing didn't explain that there was "open water" across the street and asking whether it would be required that the pond be fenced to protect her children. My son (who had caught many a fish from that pond as a kid) happened to be at the front of the house and overheard this entire conversation.

He probably didn't further the prospects of the young princess making an offer when he observed to her..."I wouldn't worry about the pond at all, lady. There hasn't been a kid drown in it for MONTHS!"

My son always was a comedian. And the princess wasn't going to make an offer anyway!