View Single Post

Old 02-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Sage
Default Re: As women age, what is the thing we miss LEAST about our youth???

Nonie, you got rid of your garter belt??? Whatever for??? lol Anyway, what I miss LEAST about my youth is being "forced" to learn. I love to learn and will continue to do so for the rest of my life. But I never liked being "forced" to do anything. And it's just become more and more important to me as years go on. I have what I call "Decade Rules" for myself. It started when I turned 40. I make a list of things I positively won't do just because it's politically correct or because I might hurt Aunt Tilly's feelings or for whatever reason. Every decade I add more and more things I won't do, and more and more toxic people I won't associate with. Now that I turned 60 a month ago, you can bet this list is pretty long. But, I also feel happier, more content and completely free to enjoy my husband, my family, my true friends and most of all myself. Anyone who really loves me understands, I won't go to their kid's weddings, or kid's shower, or kid's kid's birthdays. Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt, and am not going back again. B-O-R-I-N-G!