Forums

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
View Single Post

Old 02-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Sage
Default Re: As women age, what is the thing we miss LEAST about our youth???

Nonie, you got rid of your garter belt??? Whatever for??? lol Anyway, what I miss LEAST about my youth is being "forced" to learn. I love to learn and will continue to do so for the rest of my life. But I never liked being "forced" to do anything. And it's just become more and more important to me as years go on. I have what I call "Decade Rules" for myself. It started when I turned 40. I make a list of things I positively won't do just because it's politically correct or because I might hurt Aunt Tilly's feelings or for whatever reason. Every decade I add more and more things I won't do, and more and more toxic people I won't associate with. Now that I turned 60 a month ago, you can bet this list is pretty long. But, I also feel happier, more content and completely free to enjoy my husband, my family, my true friends and most of all myself. Anyone who really loves me understands, I won't go to their kid's weddings, or kid's shower, or kid's kid's birthdays. Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt, and am not going back again. B-O-R-I-N-G!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.