View Single Post

Old 06-13-2015, 07:44 AM

There is a difference in having an opinion about the transgender community and a particular individual.

I have much compassion for those who are struggling in the transgender community....i have them in my family...i treat them with respect just like i do everyone else. I do my best to understand their situation.

This thread is about Bruce Jenner and the way he has decided to handle his personal life...very publicly. He has always been about money and fame...and his "personal struggles" have always been public. I do not admire him for the way he has chosen to live his life....and never have...my feelings about him have not suddenly changed because he is now transgendered. I find him an appalling human being...whether he is male or female....and he certainly is not my hero. He may bring more attention to the transgendered community...but will it truly be positive? or will it do more harm than good?

Ellen DeGeneres came out as a lesbian woman with dignity and grace. She was not an embarrassment. She was HERSELF.....and to me there is a huge difference between Ellen and Bruce.

The espn award is a private award...they can choose to bestow it upon anyone they choose. I don't have to agree with who they pick. My personal feeling is Bruce Jenner doesn't deserve an award of any kind...for anything. He once was a great athlete....he got his awards that he deserved and i was proud of his accomplishments. He has lived a controversial life since then and continues to do so. Why does he deserve an award for that?