View Single Post

Old 06-13-2015, 12:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
So, if I'm correct, an open minded "individual" is receptive to new ideas but is not allowed to disagree with them because logically if that person were to disagree then he would no longer be open minded but rather closed minded. Basically, open minds = let the flood gates open to any and all perversion, their is no absolute truth, let individuals do whatever so forth and so on. Excellent way to maintain an orderly society.
I think an open-minded individual is receptive to new ideas. Of course he is free to agree or disagree.
I think a close-minded person won't even consider a new idea because he is unable to be impartial.
I don't think it's a valid supposition that accepting the fact that some people are gay or trans gender will "open the flood gates to any and all perversion".
People once thought that giving women the right to vote would lead to the downfall of our country.

I don't feel Jenner deserves an award for his coming out.
But I do feel he /she is coming out publicly to shine a light on a topic which has often been misunderstood.
It's a topic that brings out strong responses. Obviously everyone has a right to his or her opinion.
I respect all posters and their comments.