View Single Post

Old 06-19-2015, 11:23 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
It's been over a year since I went to the breakfast buffet. What I liked was the oatmeal, bacon, ham, sausage and biscuits. I like to sample a little bit of everything. I passed on the pancakes, grits and potatoes which looked good. The sausage gravy needed quite a bit more sausage. The watermelon and honeydew were good but they were cut way too thin. It makes a difference. The strawberries were good but the oranges seemed to be previously frozen. I didn't try the muffins.

The omelet bar does not know how to make an omelet. If after making an omelet you need to scrape the pan vigorously with a spatula to clean it then you got it wrong. The pan needs more butter and less eggs. Scrape a little towards the center of the pan as the eggs cook and add the cheese and/or cooked ingredients and/or herbs the last couple of seconds and fold over each end towards the center. The omelet should slide out of the pan. A quick wipe with a paper towel is enough to clean it.

I'll try Bonifay for Breakfast again next year. Villagers will pack a house for breakfast. Bonifay was not crowded.
I've eaten breakfast there twice. I happen to see some people coming from the omelet bar as I approached the first time and knew I shouldn't waste my time. It is a decent meal for the price but noting to write home about