View Single Post

Old 06-20-2015, 07:54 AM
Gold member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post

Gracie -- you missed my point entirely. It has nothing to do with trees. It has to do with the fact that "we" pay Janet Tutt's salary, if that truly is the case (this is the first I've ever heard that), and that she reports to and takes orders from the developer, that is ridiculous and unfair. She is not working for us and not reporting to us. She is taking orders from someone else and telling the residents what someone else wants us to know -- or not know. Is this not a conflict?
We do pay her salary, she is hired by the VCCDD. The board members who serve on the VCCDD board are elected by a single landowner who is the only person having a vote. That landowner is the Developer. So anyway you cut it, the Developer has complete control the VCCDD board who has complete control of hiring Janet Tutt and we do in fact pay her salary. I cannot point out an obvious case where a conflict has occurred under Janet
Tutt's watch, but can offer a case where the person who previously held the position had the Village residents pay for a pond liner for a pond that was on the Developer owned Lopez golf course. An alert Villager successfully headed the effort to get the cost refunded.