View Single Post

Old 06-20-2015, 12:35 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

Alright, Guys! I don't usually post anything negative but some people are wrong in their thinking. Would you rather hire someone you don't know anything about, who may steal, lie, or just be damn crappy or hire someone whom you have had a glowing recommendation from the person who is being taken care of and HAS FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE?

I worked as a caregiver in Arkansas for an agency. The majority of the caregivers were excellent but there were several who were very irresponsible and mean. Clients repeatedly complained and caregivers complained but the agency would just take them off the schedule of that client who complained. It just so happened one day when my client who lived outside of the main facility, several miles a way, had a new caregiver for the day. I wasn't scheduled to be with him. I was with another one of of my clients in the facility The director from the office walked down to ask me if I might be able to leave early that I was needed by my other client. My client had told the girl to go home and to send for me. I was wrapping up my day but I agreed to go. When I saw my client I jokingly asked him, "What do you mean chasing that girl off? He just grinned and said, "I didn't like her!" So, my point is, recommendations from the client are the best way of getting excellent help.