View Single Post

Old 06-22-2015, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
OH. I don't get exited about stuff like that and don't run around with people who do. I think it is tied in with either a person's philosophy, or their politics.

If the rule or law is that I cannot cut down a tree, I would not cut down a tree, but to me cutting down a tree is a venial sin, not a mortal sin.

Only old Catholics will understand that.

But I loathe sneaky rule breakers like those who cut down those trees. If it says you can't. YOU CAN'T. It ain't right or nice.

But repairing the damage doesn't seem like a sneaky thing to do. I don't know a person in my world who wouldn't move here because someone cut down a tree. I took a test last week. It said I was a Centrist. I had to look it up. It means a moderate. That means that hardly anyone in The Villages thinks like I do. I think I ain't right.
Gracie, you have had an interesting take on not breaking the rules vs. not going after rule breakers. And I can understand that on one level.

My take is a bit different. As long as people think they can get away with stuff like this (because of exactly the outcome--developer not wanting to take the time & effort or suffer the bad publicity to go after them more thoroughly), they will continue to pull stuff like this. It may be 50K here, 15K there, but it's coming out of the little people's pockets, and that pi$$e$ me off royally.

In the meantime, I will not lose sleep over it. But it just ain't right.