View Single Post

Old 06-25-2015, 10:28 AM
Default about that "old tired chest"

Has anybody used chalk paint to give vintage furniture a new look?

If you Google "Annie Sloan Chalk Paint" you will find lots of information. Annie Sloan is the only brand I am aware of, but there are probably others.

My guess is there are those among us who probably used antiquing kits on our hand-me-down furniture way back in the 19??s. -- I turned my maple bedroom set a rather putrid shade of avocado-ish/olive-ish green. (I thought it was beautiful. My mom did not.)

But my worst offense was turning a lovely mahogany sideboard yellow. (gasp) -- I later came to my senses and had it restored to its original finish. I still have it.

But enough about my younger days and back to chalk paint.....

I still like the look of painted furniture and chalk paint offers some creative possibilities.

Last spring when we went to the Leesburg Art Festival, we found a family-business, a little shop that had just opened. They carried Annie Sloan paint and were planning workshops. The name of the store is Pop Vintage. I have not been back there since, but I just now Googled them and saw they are on Facebook.

So anyway, just thought I would throw this information into the thread for those of you who are eyeing a piece of furniture that has good bones but needs a little lift, and you are thinking, "Hmmmmmm, how would you look if you were turquoise or white or yellow or whatever favorite color?"

Last edited by Laurie2; 06-26-2015 at 07:39 AM.