Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 02-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Re: Girl Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot at last
Hey BBB, maybe you are on to something ... please keep us updated! Hope the dizziness doesn't force you to write diatribes about religion and politics! 024 If this works out for you, I'm poised to run out and get myself an exercise ball. Monkey see, monkey do!

In a few days there'll probably be a lot of loud crashes in TV as members of the Chat Pack fall off their exercise balls while typing. See what you've started?
Diatribes? Diatribes? -- Donneed no steenkin' diatribes.

Not to worry. There will be no diatribes from me. Dizzy or not. "The Boomer Chronicles" on a slow day? - Yes. Diatribes? - Never. (-although, come to think of it. I did do that one on healthcare one time. Uh oh.)

Anyway, about this exercise ball - I actually learned about this thing, the first time, from a physical therapist. They use them for all kinds of different reasons. I think they use them for certain back problems, but be careful if you have any kind of problem, back or otherwise, that could be made worse by this kind of exercise maybe.

(OK. Here's where I am inserting the medical disclaimer so I am typing really, really fast - the way they talk on those "ask your doctor" parts of those commercials on television.)

All right. Now the disclaimer is in here. So...

My exercise ball is blown up to the level of a chair seat. Make sure your feet are solidly planted on the floor. The moves are like the ones from your childhood hula hoop days. - or maybe like the ones in Noni's belly dancing class. If you sit at the infernal computer long enough, you might be able to master a figure 8. - still working on that one. Be careful. I don't even know if you are supposed to even try a figure 8.

Anyway, I have no business giving any kind of instruction on this. Maybe somebody out there has had a class or something and can help.

All I can say is exercise balls are cheap and you can't try to do this without laughing. At least I can't. Hey, maybe we can start a club and call it The Onto Something Club and we will be nice to anybody who wants to join. - not like those clubs in that other recent thread.