View Single Post

Old 06-26-2015, 11:18 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I can just imagine the lawsuits filed by the perpetrators. The $100,000 will be chump change compared to the lawsuit for libel, slander, false arrest to name a few potential causes of action. No way is the Sheriff, the developer or any other entity going to name anyone without some hard proof and that proof is going to be hard to come by.

Neighbors, and the guilty homeowner, are going to claim they thought the trees were being cut down by some government agency. They have no clue what neighbor did it or paid to have it done will be the response by all, even if they positively know who did it. Even with a lot of luck, proving this crime beyond a reasonable doubt will be difficult if the homeowner had even a modicum of common sense and some smarts. The odds are the folks who actually did the deed are going to keep quiet for fear of criminal charges.

Folks, let it go. Someone committed an obscenity and got away with it. No matter how much we would like to see the perpetrator(s) brought to justice, the odds are against it.
Redwitch, by my observations you are always reasonable and nearly always right, and you certainly may be right about this, but isn't your take on this exactly what the original perps want the citizens of this community to do? All I want is to know the facts. If there is no evidence then so be it. But if wood is stacked in a yard, isn't it reasonable to demand to know why? And if it's not reasonable to know why, then tell me the rationale for that. If the body politic is paying the bill, then we have a right to know the facts and hear an explanation.