View Single Post

Old 06-26-2015, 01:58 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Stop talking and play golf---unless you are being "held up" by the group in front of you.

The levels are a guide not meant for a USGA handicap. What I have observed in TV that contributes to a lot of slow play is playing from the wrong set of tees for a golfers skill level.
so your advocating that unless you can be consistent in hitting the green from the black tees you need to move up? accuracy on a second shot means nothing? Standing over a putt for 30+ seconds doesn't slow the game down? In the pocket isn't a consideration?
Let's not even discuss those guys that hawk balls

I can play any tees on the executive course and get done in the same amount of time as do many of the guys I play with and score about the same when i bother scoring. I completed 9 holes with three other guys in an hour the other day from the black tees because we all played ready golf

I agree with the useless talk and I especially agree that some folks will never understand ready golf

Essentially the "your playing from the wrong tees"is a catch-all to explain slow play but slow play has many fathers

The Golf Industry is pushing faster golf because they lost over 5 million people who stopped playing. But they ignore a bad economy where people just can't afford golf or its expensive equipment , lessons, clothes etc. And those, unlike many of us,
understood that they never would be able to beat golf

So i do my part to move the game along on the executive courses but some days I want to play black other gold, heck i may want to work on my short game and play green and white suits me fine for championship.

Personal Best Regards: