View Single Post

Old 06-26-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
Since i have heard from three newbies who will be arriving the end of june, am planning a Meet and Greet for Thursday, July 2 in Panera's....at Lake Sumter Landing. As there was some confusion last time about where we would be and whether the weather was hot enough to go inside we will just start from the beginning to say we will be in Panera's. Please plan to order a little something and hopefully we can use the back room again. The time set at 4pm seemed to work well for everyone. I encourage all newbies to post here and tell us something about yourselves and let's get your new friendships started!
Diane, thank you for doing this. I'm new to the area and looking to meet friends. I first met on 6/24 and like the members of the group very well. They are fun people. I'm originally from the Chicago area and have a degree from Millikin U. and all graduate work at Washington U (St Louis) and St Marys of Texas. I have 2 sons in St Louis along with small 2 small children. Plan to see them in early August. I lived in Orlando since early 1980 where I was a financial planner as my MBA work was in Financial Management. Many of my clients worked as engineers in the Space Program. Saw Orlando grow so much during the 80's and 90's. Lived in Winter Park. I'm more into the arts than sports. Enjoying the Sharon and all the music in the Villages. Just moved to this area in 9/2014. Looking forward to making more friends.