View Single Post

Old 06-27-2015, 06:09 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'd be willing to bet that the Sheriff knows exactly who did it but has no hard proof. Circumstantial evidence rarely wins in a court of law. Personally, I really don't want my tax dollars thrown away on a trial that will go nowhere. I also sincerely hope that the neighbors are totally ostracizing this homeowner. Bridgeport Lake Miona has some pretty close knit friendships. It would be nice if these folks had a block party every week and made sure the perpetrators were never invited. At least it would be a little justice.

As to opening the files to show what the Sheriff has or has not done to investigate this matter, not gonna happen and, personally, I wouldn't want it to. That's not how our justice works today. Imagine if a file had your name in it as a possible suspect but you're completely innocent. Would you want your name bandied around?

The reason I say let it go is simply because I doubt there will ever be enough proof to do anything. Knowing who did it is just not enough. Even knowing who was hired is not enough. The individuals who physically cut down the trees might be brought to trial. They could even name who hired them but, without a physical trail, it be comes a he said/he said. Again, hard to convict under those circumstances.

And, finally, while truth is always a defense against libel and slander, you must be able to prove what you said was true in a court of law. Good luck on proving this one.

And I am now going to return to my world, with a sincere wish that the folks who had those beautiful trees removed get a very swift, hard kick in their self-entitled behinds by Karma.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein