View Single Post

Old 02-24-2008, 03:34 AM
n/a

Default Re: OBAMA -- What WILL HE DO AS PRESIDENT - Questions/Answers

sgtsixpack
Hear, Hear! Some people just don't get it.
I certainly don't agree with what's been going on with ANY of the "Republicrats" in the last years. Our politicians are an embarrassment to the notion of democracy.

It is time we return to a "people's government" much like New Hampshire where the legislature is populated by your neighbors and meet a few WEEKS a year at little pay and actually accomplish something.

Washington is OUT OF CONTROL in so many ways it's impossible to count.

I've been doing some reading about the Revolution and Civil War of late and am wondering where are the real leaders in our country today? North or South, it didn't matter, the men and women of the day were commited to their cause and willing to work (or die) for it. Today no one can be bothered as long as they have a new car or the latest gadget. "Survivor" and "Lost" will soon become the real reality!

Ken Burns recent film "The War" also got me to thinking that if we were faced with a similar threat today, the U.S. would fail because of the apathy and general public's intellectual malaise.

Sorry to say, unless the populace regains control, I am not optimistic for our country's future.