View Single Post

Old 07-03-2015, 11:00 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialk View Post
Is it just me? I've had three recent occasions at three different country clubs that were less than stellar. In each case, I was with a group of eight golfers who had just finished a nine-hole round of golf. And, in each case, we felt unwelcome, were either rushed or, worse, ignored. In once instance, we actually left after waiting for twenty minutes and went to Beef O'Brady's - they were very happy we were there!
I'm not one to gripe, but this observation leads me to believe that the management and the servers in the Country Clubs are spoiled; they think they have a captive audience and don't need to show appreciation for our business. It's my personal belief that we full-timers are the 'bread and butter' of this community and we keep it going with our consumer support until the next wave of snow-bird 'gravy' people arrive. Don't you think we should be treated with respect and welcome?
I know someone is going to ask, so I'll just say: Belle Glade (walked out), Glenview (horrible service) and Bonifay (rushed)
You're not alone. I've heard and seen this from many others. It's a shame what has happened to the Country Clubs over the years (exception: Hemingways at Havana).

Skip