View Single Post

Old 07-04-2015, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryanna630 View Post
We are just getting ready also to close on a home in Lake Deaton. We purchased our furniture at Family Furniture in Leesburg, just across from Babettes. We used Dotty Peck and she was just wonderful. We are going to. E looking for lawn and pest services as well as a twice a month housecleaner. We just think Lake Deaton is beautiful!
Welcome neighbor, we live up a ways on Quietwoods Dr., at least eventually. Have had the house for over 1 1/2 years but only been there about 7 weeks in total. Cannot speak to housecleaners, but agree with other posters that Charlene, the Village Sitter is THE BEST! As far as lawn goes, I have had all kinds of problems, probably the worst lawn in Lake Deaton. Seems to be a soil compaction/pH issue, possibly some grading as well. I have met with the owner of the contracting co. that built the house, the head of home warranty, and have spoken with the Univ of FL agricultural liason to TV. While most of these entities point the finger at someone else, Dean's has hung in there trying to fix the issue. The senior technician, Ronnie, is very commited to the job his company does, and is continuing to work with me on a resolution. We seem to be an anomaly, many of our neighbors use Dean's and have a beautiful lawn. So I guess if the guy with the ugly lawn can still recommend them, they must be doing something right.