View Single Post

Old 07-08-2015, 07:21 AM

When listing your home, if you go with a Realtor, your home will appear on literally hundreds of websites that are out there that feed from the MLS (Multiple Listing Service). The most accurate of these websites is Realtor.com as it gets updated every 15 minutes with the mls. You also will have a person that is eager to sell your home, that will be honest with you and never use your home as a staging ground to sell a new home. If you choose a Sales Representative from The Properties of The Villages your house will only be listed on what is known as the VLS (Villages Listing Service). What that means is that The Villages does not share there listings with any outside source so for the outside world to find your listing they have to know about The Villages and know about their website. The Properties of The Villages does not belong to The National Association of Realtors and nor do they take the oath of ethics. They do not co-broke (share in the sale of) with any outside Real Estate Agency. It is the only entity that does this. The Properties of The Villages is also the only "Developing Company" of it's kind to sell pre-owned properties where the buyer has no representation as they are not transaction agents/ brokers. I know when we were shopping and wanted to look at the pre-owned homes, a Village Sales Agent took us and once we looked at it then she said "now I'm going to show you what you can get brand new and for a whole lot less". Yes...we drank the kool-aide to and loved it! Now looking back we wished we would have looked at pre-owned homes with a Realtor. So how did we find out about The Villages? Well it was really in two ways. The Villages found me and asked me to interview for a position. We drove up from Orlando and fell in love...what is there not to love? Then my mother and stepfather found this as they had been looking to a retirement community. They narrowed their field down to The Villages and Trinity, FL. They ended up choosing The Villages. Once my stepfather passed my mother listed through The Villages because she wanted to downsize and took a loss on her property after they had promised that she would definitely gain a profit and that she would get a discount on the commission because she was buying another home through them. They do make many promises that a Realtor would never make. I hope this helps you...sorry to rant...but I just really want the facts to get out there...