View Single Post

Old 07-08-2015, 08:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I happen to feel the same way you do. I was fortunate to have moved into a neighborhood with some very active and wonderful people who after 9 years still continue to be good neighbors.

However despite what the marketing people say the once upon time charm of The Villages Lifestyle has been compromised because of their quest for bigger. It has also been compromised because the vision of a 55+ retirement community has now become a vacation destination for many.
Far too many homes rented out and purchased for the sle purpose of renting Can one find community with people who come and go?

Yes you will find people who are accommodating, friendly etc but the pressure on amenities, restaurants stores, and the heavy traffic on roads and multi-modal paths places stresses on people who retired here to end that type of pressure

In the Daily Sunday the announced the markings of multi-modal paths for center lines and side markings. By its nature it will provide some benefit but it is going to stop cowboys, entitlement types or those who otherwise exercise poor judgment. In my view the same people who believe that rules trafic signs etc were made to be broken will continue.

In prime season I see people who actions say we paid for all of this i have only a short time to use it so get out of my way. and so you are push back or get pushed . Bigger is better if you are profiting from it but if not if you have to live it
Bingo! If this place banned short term rentals, I think that would solve a lot of this. Many condo and subdivision developments have this restriction; rentals no less than 6 months. But it is probably too late for that. I know of one person who owns 7 places in TV. Six are short term rentals.