View Single Post

Old 07-08-2015, 12:47 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
I don't know what really happened other than those of us who are residents of The Villages got fined for something we did not do.

I don't know exactly, but really want to know. All I've ever asked is that our local officials inform us of the status of the investigation more than the fact that what they have is inconclusive.

First I mistrust the person or persons who had the idea to secretly and apparently clandestinely cut down some protected trees for whatever reason they may have. Second I mistrust whoever did the actual physical deed of cutting the trees. I would not use the word "mistrust" for others, but I deeply wonder why our local sheriff, local newspaper, district manager, and supervisors are not informing us of the status and details of this investigation, for which the residents of this community paid a substantial fine.

I have accused no one of lying, though I think the person or persons who cut the trees and/or hired the cutting of the trees is lying. I have not pointed a finger of blame. I believe the person or persons who cut the trees or hired someone to cut down the trees profited in some fashion. I do not know that others "profited" in any way, nor have I accused them of such, but I am infinitely curious why this investigation seems so difficult to conclude.

Now, I love our community too. I choose to live here because I love it. This crime will never sit well with me until we know who did it and force them to receive the punishment rather than the citizens of TV. Yes, my share of the fine would be minimal, as would yours, but it's the principle that sticks in my craw, and I hope it does in everyone's.
YOU ARE EXACTLY CORRECT. I try to not post many comments on TOV. The attackers are always waiting to pounce.