Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 02-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Time for Tee
Default Re: Girl Talk

When we added Queen Palms we went to R&K Farms nursery which is 3 miles South of the Villages on Hwy 441 with phone number 787-2488. They have a sale usually twice a year--when you buy it from them they plant the tree. They have a ad now in the Home and Garden section which comes with the paper on Sat. Priced $200 each planted or 3 for $550.00 We did this last winter~~~~~bought one Queen Palm and a beautiful Robellini. I was very impressed with them.Quite a experience to watch them move the plants over the gate with a end loader. We live in a CYV.so the back area is hard to bring in the plants. They are all doing well and there was not any damage from the frost. Covered the Robellini with plant blanket, real blanket and a light for heat.
We are now in the process of finishing the back with Fairfield Farms the first part of March. We bought a waterfall on sale in Mount Dora which is almost the height of the wall. I wanted a break from the plain wall. Added some plants around this which was lovely until the frost. They will come back I guess but cannot prune until March. Wanted the grass removed and the cost of all rock was really high, concrete patio even worse, mulch the yard was out of question for us and even had a estimate for a putting green. Nothing worked and we did not want to do the lawn service again as just could not depend on them. After looking at several Garden books we came up with the idea of a dry river bed extending from the rock waterfall. Sounds strange, uh? This way we have rock, boulders, mulch gardens with flowering plants and we will use GROUND COVERS for the green element combined with the plants. Had three estimates -one came up with $2000 more without the dry river stream, another was over $1000 more but just did not feel comforable with the nursery. Fairfield was within our budget for landscaping. :#1:Our designer is excited over this project and will be here most of the day. I will post pictures when this is completed if we can handle that again.This may not turn out but we will give it a try. It will give us a combination of everything. :hot:
The membership of the Wellness Center is expensive--$149 for a single for 3 mo. If you use everything it may not be pricey.Very much like a Golds Gym. They have a 1 mo. for $55.00 so give it a try. I and my husband like just doing the classes with a trainer and around 25 people. They have spinning,Butts and Gutts, Golf conditioning, water exercise, Pilates, Zumba, etc. Worth going over and picking up their information. Cost of these classes run from $45.00 to $65.00 for a month. Depends if you go twice or three times a week. Twice a week was all I needed to ache. Also have Massage sessions. We bought here about a year age and are seasonal so have only taken the Golf one. Ask the desk clerk about which one ball to sit on as usually you roll around on it in all different positions. I think it would be problem to not fall off of the ball as they are large. They love to give tours of the facility and there is no charge.They are really busy and makes you feel like you are out of it if you are not sweating!