Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 02-27-2008, 12:07 AM
Sage
Default Re: Girl Talk

Time for Tee .. your landscaping sounds amazing and creative. Way beyond me.

Mintjulep .. you have a robellini, I love those trees. But I'm way too lazy to get one and have to cover it. Last hard frost my Banana tree and Hibiscus bush were damaged. I cut them back too early. Now they're saying a frost expected for Wednesday night. Ah, Florida tropical landscaping isn't as easy as it sounds.

OK, so today in TV we just had a tornado watch and high winds! Our new Queen Palm is now lying in the driveway. Fireboy (who loves the palm) is highly agitated and has left to drive to the nursery to try to get it replanted. They said it didn't need to be staked, it is at least 20 feet tall and has a huge root ball. Obviously they were wrong!! Oh, it also took out our front pole light when it crashed down. Guess now we'll see if dealing with a "reputable" company really does pay off.

Fireboy (aka "he who refuses to retire") is leaving tomorrow early morning to return to Canada to .. yes, fight fires! So I guess the Queen Palm fiasco is now my responsibility. Since I'm also getting 11 tons of river rock delivered next Tuesday, it is shaping up to be a fairly stressful time.

Regardless
I'm still loving it in the Villages
BF