View Single Post

Old 07-11-2015, 05:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
If I understand the OP correctly, this was not going on to the next song. It was deliberately cutting one song short and starting another one. If this was the case and it was obvious to Al. There that it was done because a gay couple was dancing together, then the DJ's actions were morally reprehensible. If it was close to the end of the slow song, it could have been inadvertent and should be forgiven.

I wasn't there and don't know the facts but from the sound of things, it probably was good that I wasn't present. I do have a tendency to stand up and shout when I see bigotry in action.
Me, too, so it's hard to determine, but it seems like at least 3 people, totally unrelated to each other, felt the same way...that it was an intentional act. That leads me to believe that it WAS done intentionally. As far as the police go, apparently there was enough hostility/confusion/dismay/whatever that a ruckus of some sort ensued. If a DJ causes a ruckus among the very crowd he has been paid to entertain, methinks he shouldn't be asked to play anymore.