View Single Post

Old 07-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraines View Post
I have lived here for 3 years and greatly enjoy dancing at the town squares. I have made many friends and acquaintances there. Last night, I was very disappointed to see the DJ display extremely poor judgement. There are a couple of men who frequent this square and slow dance together on occasion. They are nice people and it has never been a problem. Last night, in the middle of a slow dance, the DJ switched to a very loud, fast dance. It seemed obvious to some of us, that the reason he did this was that he objected to the 2 gentlemen dancing together. It was disruptive to everyone who was dancing, in very poor taste, hurtful and uncomfortable for everyone there. The music became very loud, I assume to cover up the verbal altercations. The DJ and sound man seemed to deny this was done intentionally, but there seemed to be no other reason for the change in music. No apologies were made publicly or privately that I am aware of. I will not go to any square that this DJ is performing at again. I sincerely hope that he looks inside himself and becomes more tolerant of others. I felt this left a very bad impression on our guests.
I applaud the OP for her/his open mind and caring attitude. All Villagers should be treated with respect, no matter what their color, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age! Thank you for posting (first time or not!).