Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 02-27-2008, 05:24 AM
Time for Tee
Default Re: Girl Talk

I bought the frost covers at Porters Nursery. They usually have a large ad in the Home and Garden section on Sat. with their sales. We used a extra blanket for extra protection since we had them from moving. The light came out of our home from the bedroom.It did the trick as the winds were really terrible and everything else really got the frost. We watched our beautiful Starburst tree lose all of its leaves. We are moving it to a protected area next week. Looks really dead so hope the leaves will appear again. Nursery said that it will so it is a waiting time . Next door neighbor had several palms, etc. planted right before the frost and he bought cheap lights at Wallmart. Try calling Fairfield Farms as that is close or give Lowe,s a buzz. Yes, you have to cover your other plants and still may not do any good. They do come back I am told because ours were covered and sad to say it did not help. Lots to learn!
Sorry Barefoot about your Palm. We have to take friends to the airport tomorrow morning and my husband can help you later on in the day if you have any problems with your nursery replanting your tree. That was a shock I am sure!