View Single Post

Old 07-18-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Once you've been a server, you realize that the servers take all the flak out on the front lines, when the problem is often the cooks and/or spineless shift managers.
Actually often times the SERVERS are the reasons for the problems GETTING to our table. You are there to make sure *BEFORE* you hand us something there's no OBVIOUS ERRORS such as wrong side dish, missing sides of condiments, wrong prices, bartender didn't put salt on the rim but bring it to me anyway my margarita when I ordered it with salt and you took my order, etc.

Most of the issues HONESTLY are because servers JUST DON'T CARE! They are TOO LAZY to even WRITE DOWN things you ask for and then forget them, then most of the time not even say they are sorry even in most cases.

I have had a waitress once where there was a dollar difference in a price on me and my husband's check. Instead of just going to get her manager to fix it, she was trying to out of it saying "Oh the newer menus aren't out yet" it's like I wanted to say to her "What if someone took YOUR DOLLAR from EVERY TIP YOU MADE at EVERY TABLE, HOW YOU'D FEEL THEN?" I didn't tell her that, but I did tell her about if she was at a store, would she not say anything if the price didn't ring up correctly when she went to the register to check out? I mean really, servers are SO SELFISH today in most cases. They can't even think about WE ARE PEOPLE TOO and OUR MONEY IS JUST AS IMPORTANT as theirs is. It is her fault since she can compare the menu prices to the check prices PRIOR to handing us the check and when she would have found the problem she would have gotten her manager to fix it BEFORE she gave us the check, so yeah, it was 100% HER DOING, NOT anyone else's doing since she was the LAST PERSON to see the problem that she could see it. This isn't something like an undercooked steak, this is the difference between $3.99(this was a cup of queso at a mexican restaurant) and on our check was $4.99 when we ordered it as it exactly came off the menu with no modifications to it. We have tipped 25%-30% and upwards as well as stiffed servers, because it all depends on the service. Because of the lazy and uncaring way she handled the issue from the start just by not even TRYING to catch it, then REFUSING to fix it, then not apologizing, she got stiffed over a dollar overcharge. She should have tried to catch this issue. That was only our second visit and didn't order that item the 1st time there, so she had MUCH MORE TIME than us no matter what. It was very slow like 11a.m. on a Saturday lunch, not 8p.m. on a Saturday night either.

If I don't have utensils when I am served food(btw that waitress did just that, so we had nothing to eat with when we were served food.) That's a server issue. Refills forgotten server issue. Bags, boxes, containers for condiments missing server issue when most servers don't write things down that they should be, because they are TOO LAZY to. Also, the servers that you want to give them a list of things at the end like boxes, bags, etc. they walk away so you can't even tell them everything, because they are TOO LAZY TO WRITE DOWN A LIST. It's like they'd RATHER be ran.

There are times servers put in orders wrong, forget to put in orders, bring you out the completely wrong item, etc.

Especially when another server runs the food, 99.99999% of the time, that other server doesn't give a CARE AT ALL about anything since it's not their table, they didn't read the ticket, they don't offer to fix the mistake, they don't offer you refills or anything else, etc.

In general today, in a good 70% of cases, service just sucks. There's not a whole lot of hard worker servers that actually "CARE" about people. It's like they think about the money, but don't realize how they are treating us will GREATLY effect their money.

Most issues come to the customers because of lazy and uncaring servers. THAT IS THE GOD'S HONEST TRUTH and you know it!