View Single Post

Old 07-19-2015, 09:56 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
It's not the management's responsibility to go in order of TURNS. That means if you were seated first, you should have gotten your utensils or whatever you asked for first that the server can control getting to you first.

I just went to a restaurant that we had just gotten some drinks and an appetizer. It wasn't busy, slow Thursday afternoon(I had some vacation days to take before they went away). I ordered one of the margaritas on the menu with salt on the rocks. Our waitress brings it clearly without salt. So I tell her nicely. She doesn't say she's sorry. First off, any "CARING" human being would have compared her written order to the glass and told the bartender to fix the issue, NOT brought it to me wrong. Let's say she just missed it, a decent human being would have said they were sorry.

Do you see where I am coming from and that's just one issue that was minor, but she could have been NICE about it not only to have PREVENT it to being with by being CARING to check her written order with the drink since that's all she had to get(someone else got the other drink orders(2 soft drinks when we got seated) apparently they got the host to help out before our server was able to get to us(maybe she was with another customer at the time). So she couldn't even get ONE drink order to the table OBVIOUSLY correctly. It was her fault 100% she brought the glass without the salt on the rim, NOT the bartender. She's not blind or illiterate.

A nice person would have said they were sorry.

That's just one example of servers that aren't nice these days.

Another time years ago, my husband's baked potato our waitress forgot to bring out when she brought out our food(she had already brought out my condiments ahead of time). My husband nicely told her. She looks at the ticket on the tray and leaves. My jaw almost dropped like "No sorry" I thought in my head, NOTHING. She didn't even say she was sorry when she brought it. I don't know if she did 2 mistakes like didn't put in the order for it to begin with(this was an additional side dish added to the item my husband ordered) or she just forgot to bring it from the kitchen). Even after she brought it out, she STILL didn't say she was sorry. That's just SOOO MEAN. My husband still said "thank you" though.

Look how mean servers are. They are mean. I can't imagine not saying I am sorry. I worked at a donut shop in 1998-2002 off and on a little over 2yrs worth altogether and I apologized to people in DRIVE-THRU that didn't even tip me when I messed up. That's how NICE I am .

When I forget to ask my server for something I apologize, why can't they do the same in most cases?

We have had servers blame the kitchen for obvious errors, etc.

We rarely have the good service you seem to say you have. Although I may have higher standards of what good service is to me than you accept. I want my server to say they are sorry when they mess up. I want them to be caring enough to LOOK at what they are bringing me BEFORE they bring it to me for anything obvious that is wrong to "CARE" about wasting my time bringing me something obviously wrong. That's how service should be.
Well. I never stated I've had 100 percent perfect service and sorry You've had bad experiences. Since you seem to know every thing about me and my levels of expected service have a good day and happy meals.