View Single Post

Old 07-19-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
I have been given more change, on numerous occasions, because if was more convenient to do so. For example, I am owed $4.81 and I am given a $5.00 bill. Everyone knows what is going on, it is a matter of convenience for a negligible amount of money. I don't sweat the small stuff in life and most of time it is small stuff.
But what you are saying is *OVER* the amount. I WAS *********************SHORTED*****************************************! You are talking about 100% TOTAL OPPOSITE*********** of my complaint. Did you even READ what I talked about, huh?

Over, then that's the server shorting themselves, because whatever they owe the restaurant at the end of the shift is whatever it is, so if they give over, they are shorting themselves as servers, not the restaurant if they give OVER the amount.

What I am talking about is STEALING from the customer which is not giving over the amount of change, is it? It's not small stuff when you are talking about theft.

I would like you to go to a store and when the cashier opens her draw try to take a dime or a nickle. See if you don't get thrown out or even arrested. WATCH, YOU WILL SEE how it's THEFT NO MATTER *WHAT* the amount is.

I would like you to in front of a police officer in a fast food line grab someone's change from their hand. Let's see if you don't get arrested.

Overage, that's the server's money, so if they want to be lazy and generous, that's them, but that's not what my complaint is. Did you even *READ* my post. My change owed was $5.31, our waiter shorted the change by 31 cents. He STOLE on PURPOSE since it was NO MISTAKE. It's not like he's going to miss 3 coins and it really be a "REAL HONEST" that he just MISSED things. Also, as I have stated on my original post, I can count on ONE hand how many times I have had exact amounts with no cents on our check. It RARELY happens that you have exactly $34.00 on the check, usually there's some cents in there. Our check was $34.69. We were owed our change.

WHY do you feel because the server makes tips they have rights to *********TIP THEMSELVES YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY by STEALING?

It's NO "SMALL" stuff when you steal. It's the *PRINCIPLE* of it, NOT the amount. Do you even get it? If he had stolen a penny, I would have still stiffed him for stealing. WHY? Its' STEALING TIPPING HIMSELF.

WHY because you are at a grocery store or Walmart or wherever you get your change without having to ask for it, but because someone makes tips, for some unknown reason that you should have to ask for that doesn't make ANY LOGICAL SENSE, because someone's change is just that, NO MATTER if it's a tipped position the worker is working or not, doesn't play into getting someone's change. The server's job is not to "TIP THEMSELVES" with YOUR MONEY.

Shorting is THEFT, NO MATTER if it's only a penny. Stealing is not "SMALL STUFF", no matter what you say about it, it's not.

If I take from a child out of their hands a piece of candy you put a quarter in the machine for them to get, how can you say that's not theft? Hey, it's small stuff to you, so should you care? Maybe you wouldn't, but I care if someone steals. I grew up with MORALS, obviously you didn't and don't understand that I NEVER ONCE was talking about the server giving OVER the amount. My issue was that the SHORTED us OUR MONEY, that's right, ********OUR MONEY*************!

Also, you said it was more convenient, because it's them being too lazy to do their job. If they are doing it in hopes to get a bigger tip by being generous, then that's fine, but honestly it's probably more about laziness.

The thing is, I am not talking about giving more change, I am talking about they gave me LESS change than what I was owed. He STOLE our 31 cents and I had to ask to get it back. NO customer should have to ask for their change PERIOD, don't matter if it's a penny even, it's not their change to take. The server isn't supposed to tip themselves with someone else's money. The tip is the CUSTOMER'S DECISION ONLY!