View Single Post

Old 07-22-2015, 08:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

That happened to me once. OK, I now know how they work. When I have a first of the day appointment I arrive on time. Not a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandtammy27 View Post
I am really upset about how I was treated at Fantastic Sams on Monday morning.

I had an appointment at 9:00 a.m. I arrive at 8:50ish. I open the doors to the establishment and smile and say, Wow it feels good in here. I have an appointment with Chelsea at 9:00 a.m. It is hot already outside and I am about to sit down in the lobby. When I am told by Paula, the receptionist, that unfortunately, they are not open yet and I must wait outside......... Really?????????

If they are not open yet, maybe the doors should remain locked.

I hesitantly walk outside, walk back to my car and turn on the engine and turn on the air conditioner and look at my cell phone time. I am surprised to see that it is 8:57 a.m. and by the time I walk back to the door, it will be 9:00 a.m. Okay, now I walk back to the establishment and walk back in.

What is wrong with this picture? I really wanted to get my hair done that day, or I would have just walked out and kept going after being treated in such a way. I really like my hair stylist, so I feel bad for her, if I would just up and leave.

After two days, I am finally able to reach the manager, Ramona, and she tells me, this is their policy and has been their policy for five years. Their insurance company will not allow the public in their premises until they open.

Okay, this does not sound reasonable to me. They allow the public to come in and sign in for a service and then they must leave. Wouldn't the insurance company pay a claim if someone signing in slipped and fell on the floor before they opened at 9 a.m. ????? If you are having the public come in and sign in for a service aren't you technically open??????

Something does not seem right here. But the most important goal of Fantastic Sams is to have you looking and feeling fantastic.

Well.....after being treated with that sort of welcome, I wasn't feeling that feeling.

I asked the manager to have the owners call me, but have yet to receive a call.

I am assuming they do not care about their valued customer. I will be looking for a new place to have my hair done, one that treats their customers like a valued person.

How hard would it be to let your valued customer sit in the lobby for five or ten minutes to wait for their appointment. After all doctors' offices do it, and so do many other businesses.

It seems to me, they would want their customers to arrive in a timely manner, to keep the schedules moving efficiently.

I am surprised that for five years they have been operating this way and getting away with it. Do other people feel that they are not being treated like a valued customer? Just wondering? I am actually a pretty laid back, not hard to please type of a person. I just want some basic respect.