Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
I'm getting 3.62/0.95 Mbps on my $19.99 connection

Sounds slow, but it is sufficient to stream TV programs
Thank-you---

I got this from Netflix https://help.netflix.com/en/node/306
Internet Connection Speed Recommendations

Below are the Internet download speed recommendations per stream for playing movies and TV shows through Netflix.

0.5 Megabits per second - Required broadband connection speed
1.5 Megabits per second - Recommended broadband connection speed
3.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for SD quality

3.62 Mbps is your speed

5.0 Megabits per second - Recommended for HD quality
25 Megabits per second - Recommended for Ultra HD quality
HD Video Quality

Movies and TV shows that are available in high definition will play in 720p or better with a fast enough Internet connection. To watch Netflix in HD, ensure you have an HD plan, then set your video quality setting to High in the Playback Settings for your account.

Netflix Bandwidth Usage

Higher quality video uses more bandwidth than lower quality video. If your service provider applies a bandwidth or data cap to your Internet service, you can Manage Bandwidth Usage by changing the video quality settings to Low or Medium to consume less data.

I should try and get the $19.95 rate and see if I notice any changes. Do you own your own cable modem/router too? I have been renting mine for $10/month. Do you know your make and model?

I have my cell phone costs down to $25/month including data, talk and text using Republic Wireless and I ported [linked] it to Google Voice. I had to buy a Motorola G phone for their service. It cost $150 at the time and is now down to $120.

I'm embarrassed to tell you my telecommunication costs in NJ before I moved down here.