View Single Post

Old 08-01-2015, 07:05 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandatime View Post
You can also help your body fight cancer by boosting your immune system through diet and exercise. Even after radiation seeds and hormone therapy my husband's PSA was still high. The doctors wanted to do surgery. Sheldon said no and did lots of research. Two super foods for prostrate are broccoli and red bell peppers. Sheldon ate both every day for over a year, and completely shunned processed meats and red meat. That by itself lowered the PSA to undetectable levels and they have remained thus for the last fifteen years. Not saying this would work for everyone, but even if it doesn't drop the PSA levels you'll still be a lot healthier to fight off the cancer or any side effects from treatment.
Wanda. No one is more into health than I am. I'm a fanatic and have been telling hubby for yrs to lay off the meats, bacon, etc. It's a lost cause. I also researched immediately goof foods for the prostate and came up with pumpkin seeds. Bought him a huge bag and its now on Kitchen island. We will know more after Monday.