Thread: City Furniture
View Single Post

Old 08-06-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Buckeyes View Post
This is why many of us miss Southern Lifestyles. With all the negative reviews of City Furniture I wonder what the Morse family thinks about letting them in the Villages. So many people can't be wrong and for that I will not even walk into City Furniture. I hear Babette's has great furniture.
I can only surmise that the Morse's shut down Southern Lifestyles because the building boom in TV really is coming to an end. Once you stop building 200-300 new homes a month, the demand for furniture dries up quickly. They got out at the right time. They are just happy to be renting out the former space to anyone, and I believe City Furniture has reduced it's showroom space in SL by half. My guess is that by the end of 2016 they will be gone as well.

As for City Furniture as a company? We bought everything from CF all at once, "sight unseen" over the internet. Selection was fair at best, quality was about average, value was about average, our sale rep was very good (ex. Southern Lifestyles employee), delivery, communication and setup were about the worst I have ever experienced. But hey, it's all in place now and I won't need anything new for awhile.