View Single Post

Old 03-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Send a message via ICQ to tankdvr1950
Default Re: New Flat-Panel TV's

Recently purchased a SAMSUNG 46" LCD (Model#T4665F) from BEST BUY...after lots and lots of looking, price and feature comparisons, and a lot of research on the internet.

This particular is highly rated on most internet sites......don't be fooled by looking at the store displays....they are direct wired into a hi-def DVD player to maximize the display quality. Basically, looking at about 75 LCD's at BEST BUY...they all look fantastic....u really need to do the research and have an idea of what options you want...i.e. screen response time, contrast ratio, etc....u can get info on this on the internet.

When i was ready to buy...i went to the Department Manager ...the nice thing about BEST BUY...they don't work on commission so i think u tend to get the straight info you need, without worrying about a sales pitch. Obviously, price is a personal decision you have to make.

To get the max benefit of an LCD TV (hi-definition), you do need to have a hi-def signal to connect to the TV....which in most cases requires a special cable box, and u should really consider the HDMI cable...it does make a bid difference. They are expensive but you can find less expensive ones available on the internet and they work just fine.

The picture is beyond belief....hi-def will amaze you....and while regular (non hi-def) TV does not come close to hi-def....it for sure looks better on an LCD than it does on your current set.

I gave my old 27" analog set to a neighbor for his exercise room.

Hope this helps.