View Single Post

Old 08-19-2015, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip2MySue View Post
If memory serves me well (sketchy at best) I made it to the semi-finals and then lost out on the big bucks via a tie pick. As the years pass on I'll probably have been in the finals and lost on a last second trick play which included a drop kick to tie it up
Skip 2
That sounds right.

I often felt like picking the team my 2nd or 3rd cousin in on as General Manager. But, I could not do it most of the time. He was the General Manager of the NY Jets. Now he is a consultant with the Jaguars for caps on player salaries. I never met him but he did live about 1/10 of a mile from us when we lived in Palm Harbor and he worked for the Tampa Bay Bucs. He then went to the AZ Cardinals, then to the Seattle Seahawks before going to become the General Manager of the Jets. This is John Idzik, Jr. I did run into his wife and kids when out with my nieces and nephew at a park about 200 feet from where they lived. They were in a much nicer neighborhood than we were in but ours was still not bad as far as Palm Harbor goes.

I may pick against the Jaguars soon but that seems like something like a give me. A lot of people seem to be going with the Panthers for the First Week of the NFL Season.