View Single Post

Old 03-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Anyone read any good books lately? No Country for Old Men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd
I am a voracious reader and complete at a minimum a book a week, sometimes two or three. I usually pick an author and then if I like them, read everything they wrote. Is there a book exchange club here? I got boxes and boxes I would like to trade. My favorite authors are Ken Follett, Wilbur Smith, James Clavell, James Patterson, Lawrence Sanders, Phillip Mongolian, Steve Martini, Nelson Demille, Grisham, Cleve Cussler, and many others. I also like Tolkien, King, and many others. Big savings opportunity for all us avid readers.
There are a few used book stores in the area (is that a used store that sells books or a store that sells used books?) I'm not wild about the one next to Spanish Springs but the one further south on 27/441 across from Water Oaks is pretty good. Like you, I find a new author I like, I'll go back and try to read their entire catalogue in sequence. I've found some jewels at used book stores and while in the DC area, at dead people sales. Found Anne George that way and thought her hilarious -- twas a pity she died. I'm a big "comfortable mystery" fan ranging from Sayers and Christie to Anne Perry, MC Beaton, Evanovich, and Jack Higgins. Also love the early guys like Gardner, Hammett, and derr Biggers. I've likely got about 500-600 paperbacks, some read, some not yet gotten to. I cannot pass a used book store. I'd love to own one on one of the squares, but who could afford the rent -- maybe after the lottery. Oh, I started Dust by Martha Grimes last night. Looks typically good.

If you passed a school that said Dale Earnhardt Junior High School, would it be a Junior High named for Dale or a High School named for Junior?
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e