Thread: I apologize.
View Single Post

Old 08-27-2015, 05:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,915 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
People should be allowed to express their opinion without getting attacked. I think Gracie's apology should be accepted. I thought she was being a little hard on the OP. At the same time I can understand her reflex action to go after any post that appears to be negative about The Villages. Lately, I have carefully reviewed any posts I was making to make sure my message was positive and helpful before I hit SEND. If one is not careful, one can become obsessed with TOTV and you can end up spending too much time on line. I try to post less and spend more time outside enjoying what the Villages has to offer. We have a great place to live here and it is understandable that many of us get defensive when we feel our life choice is being criticized, but we live in a free country and others are entitled to their opinion. I must admit I have to remind myself to remember that quite often!
Agreed. But in this case there really wasn't anything negative or a life choice criticism to attack. The OP threw out that he received a large # of water notices. GG challenged it since it seemed unlikely to her and asked for proof. If I were to throw out the population of TV is now 210,000 I would hoper GG or someone else would ask me if I was exaggerating or to prove it.
At that point I could:
a) state yes, I was exaggerating
b) provide the reference that I got the number from
c) more likely, say I transposed the 2 and the 1

I should NOT immediately launch into a personal attack. I just thought the content, tone, and timing of the reply suggested a preconceived notion re GG, certainly one based on more experience than 13 posts. I still think an apology from the OP should be forthcoming, then everyone can shake hands and move on.