View Single Post

Old 03-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Shuttle Launch Tonight

I've been to 3 County Fairs, two World Fairs and a goat ropin', and believe me, seeing a night time shuttle launch even from here in TV is an amazing thing. The first time, I was extremely blase' about the event, only going to my backyard because one of the neighbors said it would be worth it. I couldn't imagine what one could see from here, looking down between houses 100 miles from Kennedy, that would be at all noteworthy. One minute into the blastoff, I just stared east in amazement. The sky was lit up like a city on the horizon had exploded. The first reaction that I could put into words was an ultra literate "Holy :edit:! This really is a Wow!" Got a way with words, huh? Then we following the path of the shuttle, noting separation and all that other stuff until it was lost amongst the stars.

Swore that day that come next night shuttle launch, I'd get an even better view. Even though Amelia and Hadleyville have since been developed, putting more lights in the eastern sky, I hope to be up on the Morse Blvd hill to see this thing.

And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e