Thread: Vista
View Single Post

Old 03-11-2008, 02:30 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Vista

Back to my original post on this thread. My friends Emachine finally died so I talked to customer service which surprisingly was in Salt Lake City rather than Bangladesh. They told me they'd send packaging out for us to send the system in to their facility in Nashville. They did something that I couldn't figure out from the documentation enclosed with the system when it was sent back and lo and behold, a week later it died again. Back to Nashville for a second try, this time they replaced the memory. A week after return, it died again. This time I demanded a replacement since it was only 7 months old. They would not replace it until it was in the shop 3 times so back to Nashville again. This time I was told they would replace the motherboard and the memory again if needed. By now, you know the story. A few days after return, it died again. They once again wanted it sent back and I said no way in hell, replace the junker. They finally agreed but said it would take about 5 weeks for the switch of the old one for the new (actually rebuilt) one. With a $500 hold on a credit card, they agreed to send the rebuilt one asap. It's been up and running for about two weeks now. Emachines was acquired by Gateway who was acquired by ACER systems in Taiwan. Needless to say, I wouldn't touch any of the three with a ten foot pole.