View Single Post

Old 09-08-2015, 04:41 PM

I don’t know if it was due to it being a holiday weekend, but it seemed near impossible to get any A/C outfit to answer their phone. I had remembered that the paperwork from the previous homeowner had the name of the ac company who installed (3/15/02) the current unit. So I called Absolute Air & Electric and was well pleased that someone had answered, but still apprehensive about the price of coming out on a holiday weekend. Bonnie, the lady on the phone was very nice and said it was a flat 85 dollars to have a tech diagnose my problem. Not sure what “flat” meant I asked Bonnie. She said, whether it was on a Wednesday, Friday night, or a Sunday, it was a flat 85 dollars diagnostic fee plus the cost of any repair. Also, she said the “flat” refers to the time of diagnosis of the problem. It could take the tech 45 minutes to an hour and a half to pin point the problem either way…85 bucks. Any hoo, my problem was a leak in the coil in the unit inside my house. I thought I was up a creek (buying a new unit), but they were able to get a coil for the unit and I am now cooling. I just wanted to share my experience with Absolute Air, especially one from a holiday weekend. I highly recommend them.