View Single Post

Old 09-14-2015, 08:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I would hope that all Village home owners are given equal consideration. I am sorry that I can’t live full time in the Villages at this moment.

The point I am trying to make to you who I think is a very nice man....is that The Villages, how it's run, how groups from all over the country live here and think differently, and cook differently and eat differently and vote differently and have different styles of interacting and doing things...and how The way The Villages itself is different than any thing that we have experienced before...takes time to absorb. In a year or two, if you are like most of us, the understanding of this place, and it's people and how things work and where things are becomes clearer and usually people relax and embrace it....rather than try to change it.

All homeowners are equal and important. But this place is very different than any other place that any of us have lived before and it takes getting used to. It is a very different place in the middle of January than it is in the middle of June. The climate and the people change. It becomes more dangerous to drive during the high season, harder to get a tee time, longer to wait at restaurants. People become impatient and critical more when we are crowded. Most new folks are excited to do everything, try everything, go go go all day and then gradually people find what they like best to do and who they like best to be with and sort of just become more mellow and usually are very happy and peaceful here.