View Single Post

Old 03-15-2008, 02:02 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Re: Heels to Die For

It has been a long time since I have looked at this thread. I did not know that we were talking about our poor feet. There is some really good advice here.

I have what may really be a dumb question. -- Are there golf shoes that have no backs?

I have not played golf for quite awhile, and I plan to start again - awful though I am. I have resurrected the golf clubs from the basement, but I have not looked for golf shoes.

When I played a long time ago, I did not have Achilles tendonitis. Now I do and it has been more than two years since I have worn shoes with backs. Thank goodness for New Balance 801's, Clarks, slides, and even a clog or two.

I do the stretches and the Achilles tendonitis does not hurt anymore, but I will never get back the correct angle or whatever it is supposed to be. The podiatrist described the condition with a word that had 'equine' as its root, and I thought he meant that I walk like a horse. He didn't mean that. - well, not exactly.

Anyway, he told me not to wear shoes with backs - ever - if I can help it. So other than boots, I am doing OK. I do tend to stockpile backless shoes though. I am afraid they will go out of style and I won't be able to find them anywhere.

I think I have things pretty well covered for all occasions except for the golf course. Does anybody know if the golf shoes of my dreams exist?

Boomer