View Single Post

Old 03-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Re: Heels to Die For

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07
Boomer,

Not sure specifically about backless shoes....but, I wear golf sandals (wide feet and bunions, so needed 'adjustable' shoes). They are very open .... a velcro strap at the base of the toes and another over the ankle, with a fixed strap behind the achilles. They are very comfy. Got 'em at one of the golf tent sales for $30. Might be worth a look.
Thank you. When our feet hurt, we hurt all over.

I am not sure if a strap over the Achilles would work. It might. The podiatrist's theory was that shoe backs put the Achilles under constant assault. I saw the x-ray. There is some kind of pokey looking thing and the bone has made a little shelf. I guess this is what irritates and inflames the tendon and then the shoe backs keep pounding it. By not wearing shoes with backs and doing stretches, I have kept it under control for a long time.

I really have to wonder if shoes with no backs would allow enough stability to swing.

Not that I can swing worth a darn anyway.

My dad always tells me, "Drive for show. Putt for dough."

Maybe I need to just concentrate on putting and give up on the dream of the truly glorious drive. I never could do it anyway. I think maybe just once or twice.

I live near a golf course that gives lessons. It has been a long, long time. I am going to sign up for lessons again. I hope they have a remedial class. For the lessons, I can wear my backless New Balance 801's that I put my orthotics inside and see how they work. If they do, surely somebody has made a backless golf shoe. But If not, I will try the strap. It might just work because a strap is not going to go bump bump all the time against the Achilles.