View Single Post

Old 09-30-2015, 05:03 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thank you all for the kind words. I truly appreciate it.

While The Villages warranty department will accept my report right up to the one year date of closing, I usually recommend doing the inspection anywhere from a week to a month or so before your date is up. That gives optimum time for issues to show up, while still leaving enough time of a particular issue became problematic. Usually The Villages has all repairs they will do completed within two weeks after the inspection.

I am currently booked about 4-6 weeks in advance. I apologize for this, but I believe because a good inspection should take between 2.5 to 4 hours at your home, I only do two a day. I always want to be there to answer questions, etc. A good inspector should never be in a rush. He should concentrate on YOUR home, not getting to the next one.

There are some inspectors out there, while perhaps a bit cheaper, are known for "quicky" inspections.....48 minute inspections are not unheard of. Questions to ask are, Do they walk all over the roof and attic, (some never leave the ground). Do they use expensive moisture meters, thermal imaging cameras, etc? Are they ASHI certified? Do they know the difference between a warranty inspection and a "new buyer" inspection?

Anyway, please forgive my long post. I really just wanted to say thank you...

Respectfully, Frank D.