View Single Post

Old 10-13-2015, 09:16 AM
Veteran member
Default Pet screens/coyotes

Back to the old coyote talk.... I have Cook Aluminum out here to install a bird cage on a built out slab. On my existing lanai, I am having them install "animal" screens on the bottom panels. They say they are virtually chew and claw proof...at least for a few hours! Time enough to get your pets in.The price is very inexpensive. I have been a nervous wreck with my cats outside on the lanai, and I think this will solve the problem. My tops have sliding vinyl windows, which are fabulous for keeping the rain out and privacy. We left the bottoms as screen FOR the cats, so they could see out and get some air. I thought I was doing a nice thing for my kitties. These guys did the windows for us, too, and are very cost friendly and professional and KIND. Their number is 352-342-7809, should you need some peace of mind for your pets, or just some nice windows or bird cage! Oh, they do the retractable garage screens, too!

P.S. I post this only for those pet owners that have been concerned for their indoor pets they let out on the lanai. The subject of whether it is necessary and what (if anything) should be done about the coyotes has been hashed and rehashed enough. I would rather have peace of mind, than be the "exception" to what the coyotes may or may not do. Thanks!