View Single Post

Old 10-14-2015, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,030 Times in 4,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemindofanurse View Post
I am very sorry if I am being taken wrong. My intent when starting this was to do a daily post as to something behind the scenes in a doctor office. I don't mean to lecture or upset anyone. I only post things that I have been asked more than once during a patient's visit. I do not think anyone is stupid. I personally am the type of person who would like to know why you need to know what I have if I'm not taking it. I understand that a lot of you already know this so the post is annoying to you. But like I said. I have had patients ask these questions in the past. So, if I have helped at least one person be less annoyed with the process of seeing their doctor because now they know the why behind it, I am happy
I hope you helped more than one! Some people are just a little sensitive if they feel they are being told what to do, I think it's just a touch of transference from their childhood. They're not wrong, it's just the way they feel. I was surprised a bit at the general negative reaction to some pretty good info---info from our side of the stethoscope that most do not know, so I'm guessing they were more offended by the presentation than the information. I've had the same experience now and then, so I just watch my phraseology and throw in a humorous line. But I have been told I'm not as funny as I think I am