Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 03-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Dancing Thyme
Default Re: Girl Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe
years ago there was a product called Egyptian Henna; it was supposedly all natural, looked like DIRT which you mixed with hot water into something that resembled MUD and packed that on top of your head & then wrapped the whole thing with a towel for about 30 minutes. always satisfactory but soooo messy
CIB, Saba Botanical's hair color called Lustrous Henna has the same directions: Make paste in water and soak for 5-10 min then apply to hair, leave on 30-60 min. and rinse. Actually its much more involved than what I typed, but I think the whole process takes about 70 minutes and then the color doesn't start to appear for 24-48 hours?? Sounds strange and messy too. Also, if more than 30% gray, may require 2 applications for color to appear. With my white hair, but it will be more like 3-4 applications. Don't know if its worth it.

Kath

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....