View Single Post

Old 10-28-2015, 04:58 AM
Email Reported As Spam

To my way of thinking this topic is not complete without considering average speed. My speedometer also records average speed and it is average speed that counts on multi-modals paths. Because of such factors as capacity weather, etc carts actually travel a lot less than 20 mph. I have no need for a speed above 20mph because with my gas cart I can maintain a decent average speed, unlike my electric cart. Notice then that a cart traveling at a speed below 16mph is probably averaging 14mph perhaps less.

The planners for The Villages continue to expand and with that expansion calls for residents to travel further. To my way of thinking it becomes burdensome to continue the charade of mph when a 5 mph difference is not a material especially because of factoring in average speed. I say that with the thought of safety above all else.

If you analyze the accidents that have occurred most are not caused by speed but misjudgments. Also analyze injuries sustained as many are attributed more to the fragile state of the injured individual.

Having said all of that I follow the 20mph rule because of safety and of course fines