Thread: Zetia
View Single Post

Old 03-31-2008, 03:26 PM
Dancing Thyme
Default Re: Zetia

This morning the local news is filled with this story. Here's my opinion:

I've been on Zetia for about 4 years, my cholesterol and the rest of my numbers were not borderline at all, extremely off the charts.

Statins work great on my numbers but my body cannot tolerate them, so they are definitely out. My cardiologist advised me never go on statins again because they are so debilitating to me. So he put me on Zetia, which BTW, I have never had a problem tolerating, which is good.

My numbers have benefited greatly being on this drug, along with total cholesterol which is now borderline (another good thing, as far as I'm concerned), but all my doctors have looked at the total picture of my risk factors: family history, overall health, blood pressure (very low, thankfully) and of course I could lose some weight which will help. I also have had many tests that show very little plaque accumulation (angiogram and stress test) so all in all, they consider my risks pretty low. So to me, I consider Zetia an excellent drug, does what its supposed to do without side effects.

I am no health expert but I do look at and take charge of everything that goes on with my body, and I feel pretty good about this drug. Nothing, of course, is a guarantee, but to me, if side effects are minimal and you get some benefits, I'm all for it.

My opinion only. Kath

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....